Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Why Are Zombies Fun?

To me i find zombies fascinating, i always loved zombie movies, games, and stories. What draws me in and the same with my friends is what we would do in that kind of situation, we even talk about plans if anything like this does happen. Like what type of zombies would it be and which would we perfer, like the slow rotting type, the fast rage type, or the evolving monster type, we talk about the way they would work and what kinduv precautions we would take. Its fun because it would be a push, a change from normal society, the routine daily structure we've all come to know, walking about life day to day in a zombie like state. Its you and your strength against extinction, its a wide-scale epidemic that no one is safe from.. It frees you from the mundane and sets off a sublime feeling. I do have the books by Max Brooks World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide both i found very entertaining. I also love the Marvel Zombie comic series and what happens when a zombie apocalypse happen to my favorite super heroes, how they get infected and how they strive to survive. Recent films like Zombieland kinduv show what i would like to do in that type of situation. Maybe it brings out a carnal feeling being like a animal having to kill or be killed which makes it exciting, its something as a society we no longer have except in the forms of fantasy. I do find it entertaining how widespread the zombie aspect is reaching in todays society, like the new tv series The Walking Dead Coming out, new zombie movies like Resisdent Evil- which i kinduv hate-, new games like Dead Rising 2, or the fact of zombie modes in games like Call of Duty or Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Even my friends make zombie movies fun we go on zombie walks, I even have latex makeup and fake blood in my car for day we want to mess around.

No comments:

Post a Comment